Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Pond in Progress


Okay....I've decided to make my project public, so I will feel compelled to finish it. The first summer I owned my house, I stumbled onto this cement pond. The grass had turned brown around the edge of the pond. The previous owners had pushed all the rocks into it and filled it with dirt. Probably just so they didn't have to deal with it anymore. Anyway, I was so excited when I found it. That was a few years ago. Things have kept me from working on it since then, but this is it. Last summer I patched the cracks in the cement, but it didn't hold water.


So, now I'm ready to try again with black plastic. I've bought everything that I need, so I'm ready....no excuses. I've moved those rocks around so many times, my back hurts just thinking about it. But, this will be the last time. Eventually, I will have gold fish in that pond...mark my words, lol.

Come back and check out the results.....soon.

2 comments:

CRAFTS FROM THE HEART said...

I can't wait to see your progress. I have always wanted to have a little pond in my yard.

pso Design said...

Thanks Linda....I was able to put the plastic down over the weekend and arranged some of the rocks. Hopefully, I'll be able to work on it some more this coming weekend. It's raining now, though, and filling with water, which isn't good since I have to stand in the pond to work on the rocks....so we'll see.