Sunday, August 26, 2007

My First Weekend at Saturday Market




Well, I finally took the plunge into the Saturday Market and just loved it. I will probably try to do it a couple more times before the season is over. My display is in progress and changes need to be made. This weekend I was going for an ethnic look, but the background cloth was too busy. Next time, I will tone down the background with a more neutral color. Since newbies only get 4x4's, space is limited. So, I will work on building upward so the table is less busy. I do really like the easy set up of a smaller space, though.

I have always resisted doing outdoor venues because of the unpredictability of the weather here in Oregon. The last show I did in June rained all day...very miserable! One of the reasons that I went ahead and did it is because I want to do a couple of the market's indoor holiday shows. And, since I needed to pay the membership fee anyway, I decided what the heck. Once you pay for the membership, the cost each Saturday is really pretty minimal....yay!


5 comments:

Carol said...

Pam, i really like your display. You can see everything easily and it is very colorful. Good Luck.

Carol

pso Design said...

Thanks Carol! I thought the table cloth was too busy...but, I always stress about these things :) I think I'll try a little change here and there. The style reflects me, though, so I'll probably try to keep that look. I found a really great textured neutral fabric in my stash that I'll try next week.

Amanda said...

Oh how fun...your area looks lovely...One day perhaps I will be able to take a drive down there and check it out...since I now own a few of your pieces...I could always use some more :)

Have a great day.
Amanda

pso Design said...

Hey Amanda...look me up if you come down this way :) I'm having fun with the market and will be back out there this weekend. Good to see you around. Hope everything is going well for you!

Karen Klomparens, Glass Addict and Artisan said...

HI,

I really like the theme of your display. How about a few smaller neutral scarves over your busy print?

btw, TAG YOUR IT.... go to my blog http://fire-n-sand.blogspot.com/ to see what this means.

Karen